Friday, December 10, 2010

Hello & Welcome and My 1st Couponing Trip

Hello and Welcome! I can't believe still how I could save so much without paying retail prices admitting that I was so silly spending so much more money before couponing days.

My 1st coupon trip happened to be at Walgreens that I happily walked out of the store with some great deals.

Prior to couponing, I simply do not shop at drugstores other than picking up my medical prescriptions. 

With deep regrets, I do not have a picture showing what I’d bought from my inaugural trip in Spring '10 but I have the following information detailing how the journey of my couponing fun began ... ...

I bought:
~~~~~~~~
1 x Listerine Total Care 8.5 oz  - $6.29
Less: $1 manufacturer coupon
Less: $1 Walgreens in-ad coupon

1 x Irish Spring Body Wash - $3.99
Less: $1 manufacturer coupon
Get back $1 Register Reward

2 x Nivea Lip Kiss Gloss - $3.19 each
Less: Buy 1 Get 1 Free manufacturer coupon

2 x Reach Ultra Clean Floss - $3.99 each
Less: Buy 1 Get 1 Free manufacturer coupon
Less: $2 Walgreens in-ad coupon (scan twice)

2 x StayFree Maxi Pads  - $6.29 each
Less: Buy 1 Get 1 Free manufacturer coupon
Less: $3 Walgreens in-ad coupon (scan twice)

Total after All Coupons and Register Reward = $8.75 for 8 items
Received $1 Register Reward for the next purchase
Sales Tax = $2.46 (pretty high)

The lady at the register was really nice, she told me to use Walgreens in-ad coupons first before any manufacturer coupons. I had the faintest idea why it was done that way but allowed her to help me out :-)

Back then, it was really a great deal for me, paying an average of $1.40 (with sales tax added) for each item. Oh gosh, why didn’t I start using coupons and paid full retail price?

I am learning the rope for every trip I made; hence, any comments are welcomed and I appreciated any interactions and exchanges.

Reach me: jollycali@gmail.com if you have any questions, for product reviews as well as providing any links to your blogs bragging about your shopping trips or dropping me an email with pictures sharing all the haul of fun you had :)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to hear from you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment